SCIENTIFIC COUNÑIL ON STUDY, PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT OF ANIMAL LIFE
Chairman – A.F. Alimov, Academician of the RAS
Deputy chairmans – I.S. Darevsky, Corresponding Member of the RAS; B.R. Striganova, Corresponding Member of the RAS, Professor
Scientific secretary – G.D. Shadrina, Ph.D. Biol. Sci.
The Counñil includes representatives of Russian Academy of Sciences, universities, Ministry of Natural Resources of Russia, Ministry of Agriculture and Food ( the total number of members is 26 persons).
The Scientific Council coordinates scientific researches of 13 institutions in following directions:
- studies of recent biodiversity and state of animal resources in Russia and adjacent territories and perspectives of their development;
- development of methodological grounds of the monitoring of animal life (data bases );
- development of scientific grounds of sustainable use of animal resources in Russia;
- protection of animal resources and screening of their state;
- studies of the biology and ecology of rare and extincting species and development of scientific grounds of their protection.
The scientific researches are carried out according the Programme of Department of General Biology of Russian Academy of Sciences “Problems of Genelal Biology and Ecology; sustainable use of biological resources” (1998-2005).
The Scientific Council organizes All-Russian conferences, publishes paper collections and participates in the organization of scientific meetings of other institutions as a member of organizing committees.
During last 5 years Sci. Council carried out the following conferences:
- All-Russian conference “Dynamic of the animal life diversity” (November 1996, Moscow, Institute of Ecology & Evolution, Russian Academy of Sciences);
- Õ All-Russian symposium on myrmecology (August 1998, Moscow region);
- II (XII) All-Russian conference on soil zoology (November 1999, Moscow, Institute of Ecology & Evolution, Russian Academy of Sciences);
- ÕI All-Russian symposium on myrmecology (September 2001, Perm, State university);
- Conference “Recent problems of evolution and phylogeny of animals” (Ñîâðåìåííûå ïðîáëåìû ýâîëþöèè è ôèëîãåíèè æèâîòíûõ (December 2001 ã., Moscow, Institute of Ecology & Evolution, Russian Academy of Sciences);
- III (XIII) All-Russian conference on soil zoology (October 2002, Yoshkar-Ola, Marij-El State university).
Materials of all meetings are published.