COMMISSION ON COSERVATION OF BIODIVERSITY
Chairman – D.S. Pavlov, Academician of the RAS
Deputy chairmans – V.V. Rozhnov, Corresponding Member of the RAS
Scientific secretary – T.M. Korneeva, Ph.D. Biol. Sci.
Created on 26 march 2002 for realization and further development "National Strategy of conservation Russian biodiversity", developed under leading participation of Russia academy of sciences and accepted on the National Forum on the conservation of nature of Russia (Moscow, June 2001).
Commission functioning (working) guidelines:
- co-ordination of scientific studies on rare and disappearing species;
- biodiversity of ecosystems;
- nature protection strategy;
- monitoring of biodiversity;
- invasive species;
- health of environment;
- biodiversity of domesticated and cultivated forms of native organisms;
- genetic diversity;
- informatization of studies in the field of biodiversity.
Besides, Commission Russian Academy of Science on the conservation of biological diversity of will execute functions an Agency Russia national committee; International program on studying biological diversity (DIVERSITAS).