EVALUATION OF CONSEQUENCES OF INFLUENCES INVASIVE SPECIES ON THE STRUCTURE, PRODUCTIVITY AND BIODIVERSITY OF RUSSIAN ECOSYSTEMS
Project is executed within the framework of the federal target research program of Russia's Ministry of science and technology "Studies and developments on priority directions of development of science and technology" on 2002-2006's. ("Oriented Applied studies").
LIDER INVESTIGATOR - A. N. Severtsov Institute of Ecology and Evolution, Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Zoological Institute of Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Botanical institute of Russian Academy of Sciences;
- Institute of biology of Karelian scientific center of Russian academy of Sciences.
- Papanina I. D. Institute of biology of internal water, Russian Academy of Sciences.
GOALS: Revealing the ways and mechanisms of invasion processes and creation scientific issues of government policy in respect of biological invasion.
Main requirements to results:
Object of study must be different types of the ecosystems; being subjected influences of invasion species (sea, freshwater, agro-ecosystems and etc);
- Evaluation of ecological and economic damage from invasion species in Russia;
- Revealing the transit ways and directions of moving the invasion species;
- Preparing the forecasts (supposed migrant list and evaluation of consequences);
- Preparing the recommendations for the quarantine service, organizations and departments, concerning with introduction to invasion species for the reason of their following economic use;
- Development of ways of struggle with invasion.