GROUP FOR BIOINFORMATICS AND MODELING BIOLOGICAL PROCESS
Headed by Petrosyan Varos Gareginovich, Dr. Biol. Sci.
(International H. Ford Prize Laureate, 1998)
PARTICIPATION IN FEDERAL, INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS AND AGREEMENTS ON DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS
- Program of International Scientific Fund (ISF, M2L000), "Estimation of Remote Sensing Efficiency for Research of Tundra and Boreal Forest Ecology and Biodiversity in Conditions of Global Change" (1994-1995).
- Russia Fund of Fundamental Studies (RFFS ¹96-04-49409. Subject: "Theoretical and experimental studies on the development of fractal analysis for studying an ecology of marine mammals ecology(on the example of polar bear of Russian Arctic)" (1996-1998).
- “Studies and developments on priority directions of development of science and technology (technicians) of civil purpose". Subroutine "Biodiversity". Subject: "Theoretical and experimental studies on development an information system, databases and special mathematical methods for the evaluation and conservation boreal forest diversity of Russia" (1997-1999 ãã.).
- Russian - American intergovernmental agreement on protection of environment. Project 02.05-7105 Sections V "Using a modern information technology for studying large mammals". Alaskan scientific centre, Biological Branch of Geological Service USA, Anchorage. (1993-2001).
- Project of European Cosmic Agency (ESA), Subject: "Integration of ground truth and space borne sensor data with a GIS for coastal zone management of the Turkish Mediterranean coasts". European Cosmic Agency, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey (1997-1998).
- “Biological diversity” Subject – "Theoretical and experimental studies on the information system development, databases and mathematical methods for the evaluation of biodiversity of biosystems on the territory of Russia". (1998-2001)
- “Studies and developments on priority directions of development of science and technology (technicians)” on 2002-2006 s, block 2 "Search-applied studies and developments section "Technologies of alive systems", subsection "Biology" – an Information system on biodiversity. Subject – "Development of standard, formats and methodologies of creating the databases on vertebrate animals and information-search system on fauna and flora of Nature reserves of Russia within the framework of global network INTERNET"