GROUP FOR BIOINFORMATICS AND MODELING BIOLOGICAL PROCESS
Headed by Petrosyan Varos Gareginovich, Dr. Biol. Sci.
(International H. Ford Prize Laureate, 1998)
MAIN GOALS AND TASKS
The head of the group V.G. Petrosyan
Object for study
The group was organized in 2001.
The main directions of research are: information and program supply in the study of biological systems, including
- the study of organization and functioning of biological systems of different level on the basis of the methods and means of informatics;
- the development of methodological approaches for the study of the living nature evolution on the basis of quantitative methods of evaluation of genetic structure of population and phylogenetic ties of the taxa at the species and super-species levels;
- the study of stability in ecological systems;
- computer modeling of the processes of gathering, storage processing and systematization of the data on biodiversity in Russia;
- the creation of new information technologies on the basis of the living nature study results.